Why a Single Parenting Summit?

Our nation is experiencing one of the most dramatic family shifts in history. Over 37% of all homes are now headed by a single parent, compared to 13% in 1970. Yet, many schools and social systems are not adequately equipped to understand the unique needs of single parent families; and only 1% of all churches have any sort of single parent ministry. It is our vision to use the Summit as a catalyst to equip leaders to strengthen or form single parent support initiatives, and to empower single moms and dads through dynamic teachings to live a life where they are able to overcome everyday challenges and bring their children up in loving and stable homes. The Summit will show how it's possible to turn brokenness into beauty; overwhelming into overcoming; and pits of defeat into peaks of victory!

Single Parent Statistics

  • There are over 14 million single parent homes in America today
  • Mothers make up 83% of all single parent homes; fathers the other 17%
  • Children from fatherless homes account for 71% of all high school drop outs, 75% of all teens in chemical abuse centers, 85% of youth in prison, 90% of all homeless and runaway teens
  • In 2013, the median household income for married families was $84,000; for single mom homes it was $26,000.
  • When non-custodial fathers are highly involved with their children's learning, the children are more likely to get A's at all grade levels